Need DNS help

Michael Sullivan michael at espersunited.com
Sat Sep 18 00:46:53 UTC 2004

Here's the espersonline.zone file:

[root at bullet named]# cat espersonline.com.zone
$TTL 86400
ns1.espersonline.com.   IN      SOA     localhost       root    (
                                29 ; serial
                                28800 ; refresh
                                14400 ; retry
                                3600000 ; expire
                                86400 ; ttl
                                )

bullet  IN      NS      bullet

bullet          IN      A       192.168.1.2

bullet.ns1.espersonline.com.            IN CNAME        bullet

I looked in /etc/named.conf, but there was no mention of
espersonline.zone anywhere.  Do I need to add it manually?  Also the
location of the espersonline.zone file was a little weird.  It was in
/var/named/chroot/var/named.  Is this normal?