Need DNS help

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Sep 18 02:51:50 UTC 2004

On Friday 17 September 2004 21:08, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
>Am Sa, den 18.09.2004 schrieb Michael Sullivan um 2:46:
>> Here's the espersonline.zone file:
[...]

This subject brings up a question, Alexander.  Do we have a utility
tool that asks the user the usual questions, and autogenerates the
required /var/named files to satisfy both normal and reverse dns
queries?

I have a problem here that dig doesn't detect, but as soon as amcheck
runs as the user amanda, there is a 10 second lag while it verifies
the clients, which it does ok.  This lag should not be, but I don't
know enough about named to fix it when dig says there is nothing
wrong.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)