latest cdrecord version problems

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sat Sep 18 21:18:29 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 18.09.2004 schrieb Jude DaShiell um 23:05:

> I made a mistake and updated cdrecord using yum.  This version with
> scanbus can't find my cd burner.  It has another problem since it's upset
> with having to use sg and wants to use SG_IO.  a modprobe on this system
> fails to find SG_IO.  Has anyone this list managed to find that driver,
> and if so, what happened when writing CD's with it?

Your posting lacks very basic information:

- which Fedora Core: 1 or 2?
- to which cdrecord version did you update?
- output of "cat /proc/cmdline"

If running FC2, did you read the release notes? Read the current problem
/ bug with the latest 2.6.8 kernel and impossibility to burn as
unprivileged user but root?

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 23:15:57 up 19 days, 20:32, load average: 1.01, 1.05, 1.01