problem configuring PHP

Jim Patterson jim_patterson at comcast.net
Sun Sep 19 02:21:48 UTC 2004

I am trying to install Sablotron on my box.
I have downloaded the src.rpm and have made the proper changes to
php.spec.  Installed the js and js-devel rpm's
and the sablotron rpm.  Whenever I try to compile php (rpmbuild -ba
php.spec) I get the error:
ext/iconv/iconv.o(.text+0x279):/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-4.3.2/ext/iconv/iconv.c:226:
undefined reference to `libiconv'

and
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.3/../../../libsablot.so:
undefined reference to `JS_SetPrototype'
There are more warnings and errors than this,but I believe they are
related to not be able to find the files which contain reference to this
functions.

 iconv was installed by configuring a tar, which installed it's library
files in /usr/local/lib,
I added /usr/local/lib to my ld.so.conf file and ran ldconfig.   But  I
still get this error.

The second error, I believe, is caused by the compile not being able to
find the source files which were installed with the js-devel*.rpm.  I
believe I need to reconfigure something so that the compile has the
option -ljs, and -I /usr/include/js but I do not know of a good method
of doing this.  I would guess that there is a place to configure this in
the source loaded with php-4.3.2.src.rpm.  Is there some simple method
of doing this?