Startup Screen!

Gregory Clarke ruffneckc at nyc.rr.com
Sun Sep 19 17:01:52 UTC 2004

From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Seb E. Payne
Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2004 12:49 PM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Startup Screen!

Hi All

I am found the perfect old system to use for email. A Pentium III 667Mhz,
30GB HDD, 192mb RAM and I have loaded Fedora Core onto it. The first time I
loaded it up, I had a nice screen to hide all the kernel promptings but
after I have restarted the machine, I get the old Linux prompts with all the
messages like Setting Host name mail.sebpayne.com        DONE

How do I get back the original boot screen?

Thanks

Seb Payne
Senior Services Consultant

If you installed the Gnome GUI package then there should be a splash screen
that (if you look closely) gives you the option of showing init messages or
not. It's a little arrow (ms windows style) at the top of the screen. Just
click it to hide messages. I'm not sure if this is there if you run KDE
instead of Gnome though.