Dual booting 2 linux syatems

Markku Kolkka markkukolkka at kolumbus.fi
Sun Sep 19 21:59:10 UTC 2004

Ed Lewis kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika sunnuntai, 19. syyskuuta 2004 18:14):
>  I have a 64bit AMD 3000 computer with dual hard drives, I
> have two copies of Linux installed on them. FC2-64 on one of
> them and Suse linux 9.1 installed on the other. They both boot
> with grub and I have configured /boot/grub/grub.conf in Fedora
> to attempt to boot the Suse system. All I am able to get is an
> error 15- file not found.

Clearly your grub.conf is broken. My system has currently FC3t1, WinXP
and SuSE 9.1 and my grub.conf looks like this:

default=0
timeout=10
splashimage=(hd0,1)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
title Fedora Core (2.6.8-1.541)
        root (hd0,1)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.8-1.541 ro root=LABEL=/
        initrd /initrd-2.6.8-1.541.img
title WindowsXP
        rootnoverify (hd0,0)
        chainloader +1
title SUSE 9.1
        root (hd1,0)
        kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hde1 vga=0x31a splash=silent desktop resume=/dev/hda6 showopts
        initrd /boot/initrd

--
 Markku Kolkka
 markku.kolkka at iki.fi