FC2 and Apache Cert Creation without passphrase

Mike McMullen mlm at loanprocessing.net
Sun Sep 19 22:07:15 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I have an FC2 system that was sitting idle and I'd like to bring it into
production for as an web server.

Apache is working fine on it and I can make SSL requests with no
problem. It is version 2.0.50 of Apache and the system is in theory
fully up to date.

The issue is the certificate being returned has localhost.localdomain
listed and no info.

I'd like to create a cert that has it's proper name and information.
I want to do this without a passphrase but using the makefile in the
/etc/httpd/conf directory won't let me enter a blank passphrase.

I've tried googling around and still get the same results; a passphrase
request that when I hit enter says the passphrase has to be 4 chars or
greater.

If someone could point me to the right info to do this, I would
greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Mike