Auto Login mgetty

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Sep 20 14:05:28 UTC 2004

Eduardo Andrés Alfonso Sierra wrote:
> I'm using mgetty to allow some users access my linux box through a
> phone line, now I don't want to ask my users to login but always get
> logged on a specific user account
>
> I want to know if it's possible to configure mgetty to avoid asking
> for login and password for users trying to connect but instead login
> automatically as someone defined for every user trying to connect.
>
> Thanks
>
> p.s. I need it for compatibility purposes with client applications
> already running and not plausible to change it. I will always know
> previously when a user will try to connect so I can keep all my ports
> disabled and enable it as needed.
>
> SORRY IF IT'S DOUBLE POSTED, I WASN'T SURE IF IT WAS DELIVERED

If you look in the list archives, you'll see both this post:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-September/msg03414.html

and your original post:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-September/msg03326.html

That's the way to check if your post was delivered, not by double-posting -
there is enough traffic on this list without double-posting (and thread
hijacking, as you did with your second post).

As for your actual question, have a look at:

http://www.pell.portland.or.us/~orc/Code/plugh/index.asp

That looks quite like what you're trying to do.

Regards, Paul.