Files not showing up on CD.

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Sep 20 14:50:25 UTC 2004

Edward wrote:

> Robin Laing wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> I received a CD yesterday at work and not all the files on the CD
>> appeared in either Nautilus or using ls -al in a term window.
>>
>> 6 files were AVI which showed up but the TIF files didn't.  I had to
>> open the CD in Windows to get the rest of the files to my usb stick.
>>
>> The CD was recorded on a Windows machine but I am not sure what
>> software or version was used.
>>
>> Has anyone else run into this problem?
>>
>> Any suggestions on how to diagnose the problem even further?
>>
>> I am using FC1.
>

> This can happen on multisession disks. Was the data recorded under 2 or
> more sessions?
>
> Regards,
> Ed.

I don't know.  I will see if I can find out.

I tried to look at the CD with all the different burning software on
my system and I only see one track.  I do notice that the fill state
is 103% so I wonder if this is the problem.

Years ago I was reading an article on finding out info from a CD on
multisession info.  Now if I could only remember.

Thanks for the info regarding Multisession CD's as I am finding that
this is a common problem.

I have the files but it is something I will have to watch out for.

--
Robin Laing