Mozilla 1.7.2 crash with java on Fedora Core 2

Mike Iglesias iglesias at draco.acs.uci.edu
Mon Sep 20 15:45:08 UTC 2004

> That doesn't look good. It certainly looks like a JVM problem with
> your Opteron system.
>
> There must be some version of the JVM which runs on Opteron - Sun's
> new Java Station is Opteron after all, and they offer dual cpu with
> RedHat x86 as an option.

I tried going back a kernel package, to 2.6.7-1.494.2.2smp.  That seems
to have fixed the problem.  java runs and gives me it's version, and
the plugin for mozilla works now too.

Thanks to all who offered ideas and help!

Mike Iglesias                          Email:       iglesias at draco.acs.uci.edu
University of California, Irvine       phone:       949-824-6926
Network & Academic Computing Services  FAX:         949-824-2069