NTP syncing

John DeDourek dedourek at unb.ca
Mon Sep 20 17:40:14 UTC 2004

Paul Howarth wrote:

> Mike McMullen wrote:

> Wasn't there a line:
>
> server  127.127.1.0     # local clock
>
> here originally?
>
>> fudge   127.127.1.0 stratum 10
>

> Cheers, Paul.

Note that is a "stupidity" of the Fedora install.  When you
specify an ntp server during the install, I conclude by
observation that it -->replaces<-- the
    server 127.127.1.0   # local clock
by
    server ...whatever server you specify during install
YMMV

There's also another thread about some strangeness in
the interaction between the ntp configuration and the
iptables configuration during a standard install.

I should pursue this, but am fighting another battle
right now and it doesn't directly affect me because
I run both a very custom ntpd configuration and a very
custom iptables install.

John