A contributor is not allowed to use Fedora legally?

Michael Jezierski - Systec Conveyors mjezierski at systecconveyors.com
Tue Sep 21 19:12:36 UTC 2004

Sam Tregar wrote:

>On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
>

>>I was wondering if I can do anything about not being able to use Fedora
>>Core legally. To use software that is partly my own (I am a copyright
>>co-holder for Mozilla, FriBidi, GNOME translations (sometimes under the
>>name "FarsiWeb", Pango, etc), I need to "warrant that I am not located
>>in Iran":
>>

>Does Iran recognize US copyright law?  If not I think you can probably
>do whatever you want with Fedora and still be on the right side of the
>only law that presently applies to you!
>
>-sam

Red Hat is a US based company though. Knowingly sending software to a
nation under a trade sanction is illegal, not for our Iranian colleague
but for Red Hat. Just like trying to find an American car in Cuba made
after 1959.

--
Mike Jezierski - IT Engineer
Systec Conveyors - Indianapolis, IN

-=-=-
HYUNDAI Hope You Understand Nothing's Driveable And Inexpensive