Reiserfs

John Thompson JohnThompson at new.rr.com
Wed Sep 22 00:33:52 UTC 2004

Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> I am also curious about XFS and JFS and other alternatives.  I get the
> impression that all of these next-generation journalling file systems
> are somewhat experimental.

XFS is hardly experimental; it has been the primary filesystem for SGI's
IRIX operating system for over a decade.

JFS is somewhat newer, having been developed for IBM's OS/2 operating
system within the last decade and more recently ported to linux.  But
IBM has many, many years of experience designing filesystems and JFS has
certainly benefited from that.

--

-John (john at os2.dhs.org)