dhcp hostname issue

Brentley brently at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 04:06:21 UTC 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 00:51:07 -0700 (PDT), ed hayes
<hayese43081 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've just installed Fedora, core 2, and everything
> looks OK - for a dhcp "hostname" error.
>
> ....Sorry, the host 'dhcppc1' could not be looked up.
> Please configure the 'hostname' command to return a
> correct hostname.

I'm not familiar with this error, but what does the "hostname" command output?

If it's not a fully qualified name, try setting one with:
hostname myhost.mydomain.com

You can also edit /etc/sysconfig/network and set HOSTNAME=myhost.mydomain.com
and edit /etc/hosts to include your FQDN and ip address.  (I use the
loopback address 127.0.0.1)

Hope that helps!