Keyboard not responding

John Hodges j.d.hodges at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 22 11:25:50 UTC 2004

I've just started using Linux in the last week or so. I got FC2 up and
running without any problems, uptime of about 5 days or so, then I get
home from work and my keyboard is not responding. My first instinct was
to reboot; my X session closes and I get the following:

INIT: Switching to runlevel: 6
INIT: Sending processes the TERM signal

Then... nothing. The system just hangs. I had to reset, logged back in
and everything seemed to be working properly, I went to bed, woke up
this morning and again, no keyboard. Try to reboot and system hangs again.

Now, unfortunately as I am new to Linux I have neither an idea what the
problem may be nor do I even know how/where to start looking. Anything
pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Cheers,