CUPS Problem

Andre Fettouhi Andre.Fettouhi at exp2.physik.uni-giessen.de
Wed Sep 22 12:18:29 UTC 2004

I'm running Fedora Core 2 and I am having problems with printing on our HP Laserjet 4100. Everytime I look at the Print System in KDE via the desktop the desktop suddenly hangs and I have to kill X. The thing happens when I run system-config-printer or kprinter. If I uninstall cups then I can access everything but then I can't print anything because CUPS is the base of FC2. What can be causing this? I have 3 different computers running FC2 in the network and all of them have this behaviour.

Kind Regards

André Fettouhi

M. Sc. André Fettouhi
II. Physikalisches Institut