New member with CD audio problem

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Wed Sep 22 21:12:41 UTC 2004

paul wrote:
> Thank you for all your support.  I have now got the CD player working
> but it doesn't automatically start.  The CD doesn't autorun.
> Any suggestions ?
> Paul

Check out the selections on this gui:
Redhat -> Preferences -> CD Properties

Now there is one thing that I should add - it's always been annoying to
me when I have the autorun/autoplay features turned on when I intend to
rip and encode my CDs with Grip to my local hard drive. The problem I
ran into was if I *closed" the CD player while it was running before
*stopping* the CD from playing, then the CD would continue playing and I
lost my GUI. I'd have to log out and log back in to get control of the
thing again.

So I typically have the "autoplay on insert" turned off.

Hope this helps,
Clint