Dell Latitude D600 touchpad problem

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Thu Sep 23 02:08:10 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 06:41, mikko nuotio wrote:
> I have Dell Latitude D600, 512MB/1.4 GHz/ATI Radeon 9000/Alps GlidePoint
> (might be only sold in EU).
I hve the same laptop on FC2
> The problem is I _really_ dislike Alps
> GlidePoint (dual, pad and stick) tapping feature.
I kinda like it actually. The Clit that is.

> I want to disable tapping from both stick and pad (or disable the pad)
Not too sure how to do that. Could be possible from the XFree config.
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"  <----??
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection

> tpconfig - I disable gpm, boot to runlevel 3 run manually "tpconfig
> --tapmode=0" it says ALPS tapping OFF, but when I start X tapping is
> still there, even using any existing mouse driver (PS/2, Alps).
>
> Does "tpconfig --tapmode=0" only affect on stick ?
I don't use synaptic nor ALPS at all. What I have is whatever is already in the kernel.
I don't get the tapping for the clit. Only the Pad.

--
Ow Mun Heng
Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 on D600 1.4Ghz CPU kernel