Samba - Sharing files with XP and missing files

YigalB byigal at zahav.net.il
Thu Sep 23 08:23:12 UTC 2004

>When package is installed run '/sbin/chkconfig swat on' and point your
>browser to http://localhost:901
>Pavel.
[<Yigal>]
I made a progress - installed samba and now Samba is working. After
pressing the "status" button I saw that smbd, nmbd& winbindd were not
working - so I started them all and now I can see from the XP side a
"localhost" - but I cant browse inside: I get "it is not accessible - I
need rights from the Linux administrator".

When I go to Samba, pressing the "share" button, I see there is "create
share" and choose "share" but nothing changes - and I see no directories
to select to share.
How do I progress from here?