fubared modprobe.conf

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Sep 23 16:26:17 UTC 2004

On Thursday 23 September 2004 07:44, Mike Burger wrote:
>On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> I just made the usb driver for the prolific pl2303 serial-usb
>> interface a module, and I added the line:
>> alias char-major-188 pl2303
>> and rebooted.  But I still had to modprobe it in by hand after the
>> reboot.
>>
>> Whats the usual syntax for that in modprobe.conf?
>
>Did you remember to mkinitrd?

I tried the 10,000 monkeys version of the syntax to do that 5+ years
ago, was never able to make an initrd that worked clear back at about
kernel 2.2, and have never tried again.  The modules directories seem
to work ok for everything else...  Or I build it into the kernel if
its feasable.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)