FC1 to FC2 on dual-boot: problems?

Douglas Phillipson dougp at intermind.net
Fri Sep 24 04:48:06 UTC 2004

Bob Hartung wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I have a dual boot T40 with Win2K and FC1 happily living together.  I
> would like to upgrade to FC2.  Does anyone know if I will have the dual
> boot problems that have been discussed here with a FC2 fresh install?
>
> TIA
>
> Bob

I thought the problem only existed with WinXP, not Win2k.  I dual boot
with Win2k and FC2 with no problems, but I had to run the following to
fix my dual boot winxp/FC2 installation:

/sbin/sfdisk -d /dev/hda | /sbin/sfdisk --no-reread -H255 /dev/hda

This assumes the boot drive is /dev/hda of course.

I got the fix from: http://lwn.net/Articles/86835/

Regards

Doug P