sendmail logs

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri Sep 24 14:24:15 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Fr, den 24.09.2004 schrieb Carlo Orecchia um 15:52:
>
>>in access i dont have any other relay entry.
>
>>hushmail.com           550 We don't accept mail from you
>>superonline.com        550 We don't accept mail from you
>>teamblur.org           550 We don't accept mail from you
>>pacbell.net            550 We don't accept mail from you
>
> Please see the cf/README: those error entries in access_db are
> deprecated, unreliable and should be exchanged by a format like:
>
> pacbell.net          ERROR:"550 We don't accept mail from you"

Or, better still:

pacbell.net	ERROR:"5.7.1:550 We don't accept mail from pacbell.net"

Are you intending to refuse mail from senders with a pacbell.net address,
sender IP addresses resolving to something ending in pacbell.net, or both? The
above example refuses mail from both. If you want either of the others, use
more specific entries such as:

From:pacbell.net	ERROR:"5.7.1:550 We don't accept mail from pacbell.net"
Connect:pacbell.net	ERROR:"5.7.1:550 We don't accept mail from pacbell.net"

Paul.