FC2 install

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Fri Sep 24 18:17:31 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 10:40, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Fr, den 24.09.2004 schrieb Robert Cochran um 19:03:
>
> > I'm trying to install FC2 on a machine that's running FC1. In booting the
> > FC2 disk it gets to Loading sym53c8xx driver and hangs , is this a bug or is
> > there a work around?
>
> > Bob C.
>
> When you feel the install is hanging, switch to console 4 (IIRC). If
> installing in text mode this is done by pressing Ctrl+F4. From X install
> press Ctrl+Alt+F4.
>
> If your system does not need the SCSI controller for the install
> (neither a SCSI hard drive nor a SCSI CD-ROM), then you can install with
> "linux noprobe".

If the machine uses an Intel 440gl or 440glx chipset, you need to use
"linux acpi=force" on install.

I have encountered this problem on a dual processor board made by VA
Linux.

--
'This message has not been made with the consent or cooperation of
the Federal Board of Regulations (F.B.R.) or the Central Enquires