'Johnny Appleseed' with FC2

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 24 20:12:36 UTC 2004

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 10:53:39AM -0400, Scot L. Harris wrote:

> I did not think RH9 to FC1 was such a big deal.  It was the jump to FC2
> with a new kernel, xorg, and couple of other things that generated some
> major gaps.
>
> Have not tried any of the FC3 stuff yet but I expect it to be much
> easier to jump to.

  FC2 --> FC3 should be sane.
  preFC2 --> FC3  might be bumpy as folks have reported in the past.

If you have a Blank --> FC3 reference box you should be able
to tidy up most any upgrade.

Invest some time with the FC3Test releases!
I suspect that FC3 is where you want to be sooner than later
as it gives your conversion/installs longer legs.  IMO, This matters
if you are in business.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Me, I would "Rather" Not.