Mounting second part of the cdrom

Carlos Alberto Alves drcaa at ig.com.br
Fri Sep 24 15:02:32 UTC 2004

Travis Waalkens wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 06:37 +0300, Andrey Andreev wrote:
>
>>Travis Waalkens wrote:
>>
>>>I found a site that told me to do this:
>>>[root at localhost travis]# mount /mnt/cdrom -o session=2
>>>
>>>but it says as an error.
>>>mount: /dev/cdrom already mounted or /mnt/cdrom busy
>>>mount: according to mtab, /dev/hdc is already mounted on /mnt/cdrom
>>
>>Well the error message says that /dev/cdrom is already mounted, which
>>means what it says :)
>>
>>To unmount it, try first as root
>>
>>	umount /dev/cdrom
>>
>>When issuing the command, take care that you're none of your shells is
>>in /mnt/cdrom, and that nautilus or konq or whatever does not have
>>anything under /mnt/cdrom open, or you will get a device busy error.
>>
>>After you unmount /dev/cdrom you can try the line you originally tried.
>>
>>Tip: you can always check what's mounted and where by running
>>
>>	mount
>>
>>without parameters.
>>
>>Greets,
>>
>>//Andro
>>
>>--
>>Andrey Andreev
>>University of Helsinki
>>Dept. of Computer Science
>>

> Ok tried the umount
> it worked I managed to unmount the drive
> but when I remounted it even using the session=2 switch it still only
> showed the same list I originally posted.
>
> Grrrrrrr this is realy getting frustrating

I have seen something similar. My FC2 seems to works fine on mounting
CDROM and floppy under Gnome interface, but KDE refuses to do so. Under
gnome, as soon as I load a CD in tray, an icon pops up in desktop; it
also has an "Eject..." command that unmount and ejects CD.
I have not found a way to solve this inconvenience and from now on I
have worked solely under Gnome. :|

--
* Carlos Alberto Alves                *