move data to larger drive

Timothy Payne tim at tmpco.com
Sat Sep 25 13:34:53 UTC 2004

I have a machine running RH 7.3 but the disk is about full.  I would
like to move the data to a larger drive then upgrade that drive with FC2
keeping the original drive intact so I can just plug it back in if
things go wrong.

So the question is if I copy the old to the new will the partitions
expand to fill the space, if not how.

Will FC2 upgrade RH 7.3 ?

Should I install FC2 on the larger drive then copy data over?  But I'm
assuming I'll lose all the settings on the old drive.

I should just leave it alone it works fine, but I can't help myself.

Tim...