Nagging X problem

Thomas E. Dukes edukes at alltel.net
Sun Sep 26 00:35:07 UTC 2004

> On Sep 25, 2004 at 17:49, Thomas E. Dukes in a soothing rage wrote:
> [...]
>
> >After I do a crtl-alt-backspace to kill the server, I see a message:
> >
> >FATAL: Module agpgart not found
> >[drm] failed to load kernel module
> >
> >It looks like something may not be loading in runlevel 3.
> >
> >Any ideas?
> You'll need to check the logs to see if the problem is
> reported. Check ~/.xsession-errors and /var/log/XFree86.0.log
>
> N.Emile...

I don't have a .xsessions-errors file.  I checke the Xorg.0.log but I didn't
see anything flagged with (EE) to indicate any kind of error.  There was 1
warning:

(WW) (1400x1050,Monitor0) mode clock 122MHz exceeds DDC maximum 110MHz

But I doubt that's the problem since it works when a non-root user starts X
or in runlevel 5.

As I said, this has been a nagging X problem since I upgraded to RedHat 8.0

Beats the heck out of me!!