MathML support in Mozilla/Firefox

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Sun Sep 26 11:14:40 UTC 2004

I was testing out Mozilla's support for MathML (with the mathml-fonts
package installed), and equations are not being rendered as they are
supposed to (Greek letters used where Roman ones should be).

Compare the following page in Mozilla (only if you have mathml-fonts
installed):

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/start.xhtml

with their screenshot of how it should be rendered:

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/screenshots/start.gif

Can anyone confirm that they get the same results on that page as I do
before I bugzilla this?

Tested in Mozilla 1.7.3 and Firefox 0.9.3 on FC2 with MathML fonts
installed from Fedora Extras:

$ rpm -q mozilla firefox mathml-fonts
mozilla-1.7.3-0.2.0
firefox-0.9.3-0.fdr.4