FC1 kernel not complete?

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Sep 26 14:35:26 UTC 2004

Am So, den 26.09.2004 schrieb W. Guy Thomas um 5:30:

> Following the ALSA driver configuration page for the Yamaha OPL3sa3 driver at:
> http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Yamaha&card=&chip=OPL3-SA3&module=opl3sa2
>
> I get to the ./configure, make, etc portion and get this error:
>
> _________
> checking for kernel version...
> The file /lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/build/include/linux/version.h does not exist.
> Please, install the package with full kernel sources for your distribution
> or use --with-kernel=dir option to specify another directory with kernel
> sources (default is /lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/build).
> __________
>
> Also in /lib/modules I have a ~2197.nptl kernel directory and I tried using the "--with-kernel=dir"
> option but that returned the same error.

Please do not reply to other list mails if you instead want to start a
new topic. This confuses threading because your mail this way contains
misleading references, which is called "thread hijacking".

To your problem: seems you still have the old and initial FC1 kernel
running, version number .2115, though you have the pre-last update
kernel installed. Update to latest FC1 kernel .2199, install too it's
kernel source, reboot with the newest kernel - be sure you choose the
right one in the grub boot menu - and then start your compilation again.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 16:31:39 up 5 days, 18:35, load average: 1.08, 1.08, 1.12