I want to clean my hard disk

Paul Pianta pantz at lqt.ca
Sun Sep 26 15:24:17 UTC 2004

Arnaldo Bento wrote:

> Hello
>

> I want to clean and optimize my hard disk that has FC2.
>
> Which the suitable program?

what is it that you want to do with the disk afterwards?

if you want to re-format it so that you can see it in windows ...

you will need to boot your FC2 CD1 in rescue mode and run fdisk to erase
any linux partitions that were created during the FC2 install - then
recreate a new partition of type FAT32 (or vfat?) - boot into windows
and 'right-click' format that drive.

if you want to reinstall linux again ...

you can just install over the top of it - make sure you choose to format
each of those linux partitons during the installation.

if you need more help - repost with a bit more detail :)

pantz

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!