I want to clean my hard disk

Paul Pianta pantz at lqt.ca
Sun Sep 26 18:33:17 UTC 2004

Arnaldo Bento wrote:

>Hello
>
>Another way of presenting this subject:
>
>- Clean = delete all files no necessary ex: Temporary files

oooooh cleeeeean - like 'clean up' clean ...

>- Optimize = Defragmenter (already answered in an of the answers)
>unnecessary!!
>
>- Suitable program: Is there some program that makes what I intend?

In my experience you don't need to do any cleaning on a linux
filesystem. There may be some files in /tmp that you could delete if you
wanted to - but I think that KDE uses /tmp dynamically so 'rm -rf
/tmp/*' is not a good idea unless you want to mess up you KDE sesh.

So - sit back - relax and forget about cleaning and defragging - linux
has got you covered on that one :)

pantz

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!