Upgrade Questions (Newbie)

Joey Kelley joey at rrnne.net
Sun Sep 26 20:42:32 UTC 2004

Hello All,
      I have been reading many of these threads over the past couple days, and
there seem to be a fair amount of issues with FC2. Currently, I am running FC1
on a dedicated machine (Pentium II, not sure of the clock speed but its under
500 mhz, with 96 MB of ram and a 6 GB hard drive) and I am thinking of
upgrading it to FC2. (the ISOs are downloading right now) The question is,
should I upgrade to FC2, or wait until FC3 is finalized?
      If the FC2 upgrade is recommended, does anyone know of a way to mount the
isos from a network share on a Windows XP machine so I do not have to burn the
isos? Alternatively, I can't seem to get the Fedora box to connect to any of my
Windows shares, on either my 98 or XP machine. It sees them under the network
browser, but cannot connect. When I view my work group under xp, the Fedora box
is there, but I get the messages of 'Cannot connect to Localhost, duplicate name
exists on network' and the 98 box just asks for a password when trying to
connect to the Fedora box, and I have tried all my passwords and none of them
worked.
      Any help is most appreciated, thank you all in advance.
      Incidently, I am at work for the next 5+ hours, so all attempts to do this
will have to wait until then.
      Thanks!
      cya, Joey

--Joey Kelley, Fedora Newbie--