Fedora Core 2 AMD 64 Bit: good platform for heavy load mail server?

Andrew W. Donoho awd at DDG.com
Mon Sep 27 02:46:17 UTC 2004

On Sep 26, 2004, at 20:19, Tobias Weisserth wrote:
> The server can expect more than 15.000 spam mails a day it has to sort
> out, so
> heavy and constant load can be expected.

My FC2 x86_64 system easily handles that many emails a day. All of my
problems started when I added a second drive to the LVM2 partition. I
expect that if you use traditional partitioning that you will not see
this problem. Stay tuned, I should have a few more reports soon.

Andrew

Andrew W. Donoho
awd at DDG.com, PGP Key ID: 0x81D0F250
+1 (512) 453-6652 (o), +1 (512) 750-7596 (m)