How to get SanDisk - Cruzer Mini USB Stick working

Jim Christiansen christiansen_j at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 27 03:42:01 UTC 2004

After a pile of searching I have done the following to get my new SanDisk
usb stick going-

nano -w /etc/modprobe.conf and added
options scsi_mod max_scsi_luns=16
to the bottom of the list

nano -w /etc/updfstab.conf.default and added
device cruzer {
    partition 1
    match hd Cruzer
}
to the bottom of the list

did
mkdir /mnt/cruzer

and even
chmod 777  /mnt/cruzer

When I mount my /dev/sda1 to  /mnt/cruzer I can see a file already there
from SanDisk - a win$#%@.exe type of file.

df -h shows about 244 megs on the disk, but a normal user can not write to
the device.  I get a nice access denied message.

What must I do to get this stinkin thing working for any person?

Oh, and with these entries, my Sony camera can't be accessed.

Thanks  :-)

Jim

SmartScreen Technology.
first two months FREE*.