Booting FC2 from CDROM after installation

Mark Haney mhaney at interactsys.com
Mon Sep 27 19:01:40 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 14:35, Larry Weaver wrote:
> Because my SONY VAIO won't support dual-booting of Linux and Windows,
> I have been booting my Linuxes with a boot floppy. Unfortunately,
> there is no boot floppy image for FC2. I can boot from CDROM, but I
> haven't been able to figure out how to configure a boot CDROM that will
> boot the kernel from a hard drive partition. All the info I've seen
> relates to booting the install disk. Can anybody tell me how to make
> a boot cdrom that will boot kernel and root from  /dev/hdb7?
> Thanks

Real simple, I've had to do this with one of my HP machines, look at
mkbootdisk with the --iso parameter, it will build an bootable ISO, and
just burn it to CD or CD-RW disc.  Works great for me.

> --
> Larry Weaver
> 126 Lighthouse Santa Cruz CA 95060
> (831)423-8111	lweaver at cruzio.com

Mark Haney
Network Administrator
InterAct Public Safety Systems
mhaney at interactsys.com
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) Kernel: 2.6.8-1.521 GNU/Linux