Change of Intel to AMD motherboard

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 27 20:02:43 UTC 2004

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 01:15:20PM +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:
> Rick Lim wrote:
>
> > Hi there, I have a running FC2 on a Intel 233mhz motherboard, I want
> > to move it to an AMD-K6-2/500 motherboard but it will not boot.
> >

> linux r wrote:
> > Not without knowing the specs of the motherboard.   ARe you absolutely
> > sure that this mb supports....
> you do mean that you swapped the motherboard, the processor, AND the
> heatsink and fan for something the K6-2 supports?
>
> How far through the boot does it get?

Can you configure the BIOS?

You should see the memory test and the opportunity
to press 'del' to enter BIOS config....

If you can get to the BIOS setup, what devices are listed in the 'boot
from' list.

Can you boot the #1 install CDROM disc (or rescue)?

If you cannot get to the BIOS setup it is not a Fedora
problem.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Me, I would "Rather" Not.