Writing to DVD+RW's

Filippos Klironomos PresarioD at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 22:50:08 UTC 2004

> Is there a way to
> mount a dvd+rw in writable mode so that I can mv and cp files to it from
> bash? Do I have install a package and if so do you recommend any in
> particular?

This pertains to a previous question I asked about UDF filesystem.
Unfortunately  it seems to be under development yet to use a CDRW or
DVD/RW like that. Check out:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=173263

http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-udf/

So the short answer is, it is doable but you have to patch your kernel
for it. I currently don't have the time to experiment but if you feel
like it you can go ahead and then post on the list to let everybody
know! :-)