Xv interlace xorg bug?

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Tue Sep 28 12:27:12 UTC 2004

 	Hello all.  I'm putting together a HTPC box and need to use an
interlaced modeling for X.  I'm running FC2 with the latest
updates, so it's running xorg-x11-6.7.0-5.

 	When playing a video using Xv acceleration (e.g. mplayer -vo xv
test.mpg), I see only the top half of the video, but it's stretched vertically
to fill the screen.  When I use a progressive modeline, it's not a problem.
When I use non-accelerated video (e.g. mplayer -vo x11 test.mpg), it's not a
problem (but it's too slow).  I have seen this before on RH9 with XFree86, but
only on a R128.  When I used the GATOS driver there, it fixed the problem.  Now
on FC2, I see the problem again but cannot use GATOS on xorg (yet).

 	I have tried R128 and a TNT2 with the open-source and nvidia binary
drivers (6111 and 6106), with no success.

 	Thoughts?  I posted on XFree86 list awhile back when I found the bug in
the r128 driver.  A received a response that it had been fixed, but that was
most likely after the xorg fork.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss							*
* Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University 			*