RES: To customise Fedora Core completly

Artur Sampaio artursampaio at terra.com.br
Tue Sep 28 12:59:42 UTC 2004

Some time ago I have the same idea. I'll be happy if I can help with
this.
My fundamentals is to provide a standardized system to customers, to run
the systems that I develop (in Java / SQL / client-server).
1. I think that must have the SUN's JVM in this distro.
2. The menus must be simplified. (no configs for the end-user)
3. Don't include multiple internet browsers, or mail clients. Just one
of them. (to avoid conflicts and confuse users)
4. shortcuts for the apps in the desktop (or a menu like knoppix or
MACOS)
5. Minimum customization in the menus / icons / desktop (standardization
for all users, avoiding confuse)

A guy developed a distro in brasil, more or less what you want: this is
called KURUMIM, but is a live distro, with less than 200 MB, and it's
base on knoppix.
http://www.guiadohardware.net/kurumin/

tnks.