LVM2 Snapshots causing reboot problems.

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Tue Sep 28 15:46:57 UTC 2004

I'm currently experimenting with LVM2 snapshots to aid in backup
solutions in the office, and also to offer, daily snapshots for say of a
week so that accidental deletion or unwanted file changes can be
recovered without requiring a restore from tape.

I can get the snap shots working with out a problem, however on a reboot
I run in to an error where the LVM snapshots are not available, and I am
forced to go in to the recovery/administration mode (entering the root
password).

With a little bit of googling I found this post which I think may be
related, however I was unable to find any mention of it in bugzilla (I
may just be a dummy).
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-August/msg00628.html

Has any one else had this problem, or does any one know the relevant
bugzilla entry so that I can track this issue?

--
Douglas Furlong
Systems Administrator