boot fedora core 2 from floppy

Mark Haney mhaney at interactsys.com
Tue Sep 28 18:50:30 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 14:45, Christopher Taylor wrote:
> I am having problems dual booting my XP and fedora.  The HP computer has a
> hidden partition on the main drive which screws up any boot loader I've
> tried causing me to have to reformat the drive and re-install xp.  Is
> there a way to istall the bootloader on floppy or cd and boot from there?

I have the exact same issue with my HP at home, I use it for games as
well as for Development.  You can use mkbootdisk with the stock FC2
kernel, but for .521 and above, you'll need to use mkbootdisk with the
--iso option and burn it to CD-R or (preferably) RW.  It's the only way
I've been able to make it work.

Mark Haney
Network Administrator
InterAct Public Safety Systems
mhaney at interactsys.com
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) Kernel: 2.6.5-1.358 GNU/Linux