Folder disappeared from KDE menu

Steve Snyder swsnyder at insightbb.com
Tue Sep 28 21:01:14 UTC 2004

I created a new submenu, "Steve's Apps", on my KDE desktop, populated it
with several application links, and have been using it for several
months.  Today that submenu disappeared.

All the standard FC2/KDE menu items apparently are intact, but my submenu
is gone.  All the application links I created are still present in
~/.local/applications and i see a file "Steve's Apps.directory" beneath
~/.local/share/desktop-directories/.  In short, all the data seems to be
present, yet these items are not shown along with the other menu items.

Can anyone explain what's going on here?

Thanks.