Change of Intel to AMD motherboard

Rick Lim ricklim at telus.net
Wed Sep 29 03:08:01 UTC 2004

More info for this problem, I have done a clean install on a new disk on the
AMD-K6-2/500 motherboard and everything went ok.

When I take the working hard disk off of the working Intel motherboard and
put it on the AMD board it starts grub, allows me to pick a kernel of which
I use one of the latest STOCK kernels, it loads bzImage, gets to initrd then
does a quick reboot.

This is all on the exact same hardware that I just did the clean working
install.

So the question is what is different, I don't want to do a clean install and
transfer all of the data off the old disk with the associated nightmare of
minor configuration changes. All I what to do is move the working system
onto a faster PC.