help with making a FC2 CD bootable

Joey Kelley joey at rrnne.net
Wed Sep 29 05:33:52 UTC 2004

Wolf, Steve, and all,
         To use Nero to burn an iso:
         Bring up either the SmartStart, Express, or Burning ROM.
         Select 'Open an Existing Project' or 'Disc Image or Saved Project'
         Direct it to Open the ISO in question, the Type of file may have to be
adjusted, as ISO is not a default Nero format.
         Open and Burn.
         That should do it.
         I burned three FC1 ISOs on an Artec 40x CDRW drive with Nero Express 6,
with updates package 1, at 40x with no problems. Results may vary, and my old
rule of thumb was take the max speed of a drive and divide by two, and use that
as the preferred burning speed. Incidently, this was done with TDK media.
         Hope that helps!
         cya, Joey

--Joey Kelley, Fedora Newbie--
"If David beat Goliath, Linux