Belkin trackball problems (was: mouse problems in anaconda)

linux r linuxr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 21:02:49 UTC 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 00:18:17 +0100, James Wilkinson
<james at westexe.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> linux r wrote:
> > Does anyone have any thoughts on how to make a trackball operate
> > better?  I am about ready to pull my hair out and go to some other
> > type of mouse (any suggestions for FC that works great pls let me
> > know).  With the trackball, you have to get a 'running start' on the
> > screen, then of course you overshoot your destination.  Small precise
> > movements are hell.  This is exactly the *opposite* of what I was
> > hoping to achieve!  Funny this worked fine with RH8  &  9....I always
> > just take the default selection for generic three button and it would
> > be ok.
>
> I assume that you've played with the acceleration and sensitivity
> settings in Preferences -> Mouse -> Motion tab?
>
> James.

Thanks for asking, yeah I played around with it allright, and I got it
to go faster, but the sensitivity is such that the weight of my finger
clobbers the damn thing.  I haven't had a chance yet to implement the
proto=imps suggestion to my kernel parameters.  On the other hand, I
am not sure where to do that either.  (?)

Maybe Scot or someone else can tell me the filename I am looking for ?
  Or is this just a command line parameter to enter?

Thanks
Marc

Orlando FL