Fedora Core 2 on Compaq (HP) Proliant DL360 G2

Joel Moxey joelmoxey at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 29 21:17:40 UTC 2004

Hi!

I am having much difficulty installing FC2 on a Compaq Proliant DL360 G2.

First of all I tried using the GUI install this just froze before completing installing the RPMs, I tried doing on install using text, and the install stopped at about the same place - however, this time the screen was covered in a load of characters!

After I tried all combinations of using ide=nodma and noacpi, and when using both together, the install managed to get through to the post-RPM bit where configuration is done - I then just had an egg timer for a long long time.... so it seems to have hung later in the process.

I'm not really sure what to try next!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Joel