Lexar CF Card Reader USB 2.0 on FC1

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 30 12:24:13 UTC 2004

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Mike Burger wrote:

> I can't speak to the Lexar units, but I'm using the SmartDisk 6-In-1
> reader with FC2.  The OS saw the unit right away, but I had to add:
>
> options scsi_mod max_luns=255
>
> to my /etc/modprobe.conf go get it to see all of the slots.

that's what i used for my lexar 8-in-1.  actually, you don't need to
get that carried away (although it may make no effective difference).
from what i can tell, you only need to specify for max_luns the actual
number of physical slots on the unit.  can anyone clarify this?  just
based on what i've seen, each physical slot corresponds to a LUN, so i
set mine to 3 and it's worked fine.

rday