Lexar CF Card Reader USB 2.0 on FC1

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Thu Sep 30 12:33:09 UTC 2004

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Mike Burger wrote:
>
> > I can't speak to the Lexar units, but I'm using the SmartDisk 6-In-1
> > reader with FC2.  The OS saw the unit right away, but I had to add:
> >
> > options scsi_mod max_luns=255
> >
> > to my /etc/modprobe.conf go get it to see all of the slots.
>
> that's what i used for my lexar 8-in-1.  actually, you don't need to
> get that carried away (although it may make no effective difference).
> from what i can tell, you only need to specify for max_luns the actual
> number of physical slots on the unit.  can anyone clarify this?  just
> based on what i've seen, each physical slot corresponds to a LUN, so i
> set mine to 3 and it's worked fine.

That would probably work, too...I just used 255 as that's what I was given
as a workaround when I entered a bugzilla report on it.  Seems that the
unit I have doesn't actually identify itself with any meaningful info, so
it's not in the actual device database.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit