MSFT Filesystem Support (Was 'Re: question?')

H. Streit hstreit at swri.edu
Thu Sep 30 13:59:00 UTC 2004

I'm a lurker on the list, so I'll give this a shot:
Short Answer: No.
Long Answer:  Assuming that you want Microsoft(R) Windows(R) WinFS(TM)
support in Fedora/RedHat, No.  You might recall the big hoop-la that
RedHat started when they removed NTFS support from their distro
way-back-when.  They grumbled something about "Possible Legal Action
from the largest software company on the globe".  However, watch the
Captive project, they might come up with something...

- Project Homepage
     http://www.jankratochvil.net/project/captive/
- Project Mailing List Archive
     http://www.jankratochvil.net/pipermail/captive-list/