Accpac on FC1 and FC2?

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Thu Sep 30 15:41:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 09:12, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone share their experiences running "Accpac Advantage Series for
> Linux" on Fedora Core 1 and 2? Are you using DB2, or something else as
> the back end?
>
> It's pretty clear that the Accpac for Linux client application runs
> under Wine...
>
> I'm running Accpac on a W2K server now, with Pervasive SQL, but
> Pervasive is getting flaky on me, and all my other apps are on Fedora
> now. I'd love to ditch Windows Terminal Server and use VNC instead!

    Well, I don't know about them working on Fedora, but if it does,
they've just bought a whole new market share!

    AccPak is a well-regarded system, as I recall.  I'm sure a lot of
folks would be interested in having it under Linux.
Brian Fahrländer                  Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                 http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ 5119262
AIM: WheelDweller